Monday, December 31, 2007

2008 - The Year of Healing

The following is a Word from the Lord, received in early December, and relayed to the people at Carrall Street Church/Gospel Mission Dec. 29, 2008.

Up until now, it has seemed like the lives of My people on the Downtown East Side -- all those in poverty in cities -- have been out of their control. Poverty has them in bondage on one hand -- politicians use them as bargaining chips on the other -- people in social service functions, including missions, seem like they get no help at all.

But I am here. I never change. My only agenda is the wellbeing of My people.

My will is for the yoke sitting on My people to be destroyed. As I told My servant, Isaiah, "it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing."

The yoke is poverty ... addiction ... alcohol ... despair ... the lie that there is nothing better; the belief that survival depends on lying and cheating and stealing and conning people ... the lie that you're not worthy.

To Me, you are all worthy!

Come to Me -- receive My Son as your Lord and Saviour -- let Us knock off the rough edges and smooth things out and turn you into the image I had of you since before I created anything.

The key to it is your healing, and 2008 will be the year that you shall be healed. To do that, you must come to Me ... you must be active to receive what I have for you.

Turn to Me and the yoke of sickness will be destroyed -- crushed to powder.

Turn to Me and you will walk in a power and authority far greater than any drugs or anything else that's had a hold on your life.

Turn to Me and the control the politicians and activists and social workers and drug dealers have had on your lives will be wrested away. Turn that control over to Me and let Me take it from here.

I am the Lord Who Heals ... I want to heal you as no one else can. In 2008, hand me that control, and I will take you places you couldn't even imagine in your present state.

Have you had hard times? Have you been beating yourself up, saying you deserved it? Turn to Me, because I have already forgotten it. Turn to Me and you can leave that in the past where it belongs.

I can heal you of bad memories just as surely as I can heal you of a cold.

I can heal you of a broken heart: bring your broken hearts to Me and let Me comfort you and mend you.

No comments:

Post a Comment